UPDATE – WINNERS ANNOUNCED
First place – Aanchal Megan (The Racketeer)
Second place – Asmi Ghosh (The Little Prince)
Congratulations to the winners. All the best.
Dear Young Bibliophiles
Since the holidays have come earlier than we expected, we are sure you are catching up on all the missed readings now. Here’s an interesting contest for you to participate in. While you are keeping yourself clean and taking care of the elders in the family, how about taking a creative break and penning down a book review? We have a lot of time on our hands and want to read some great book recommendations from you. So, find out the book you want to review, revise it if you read it long back, and compose your very own critique of the book. If you feel you need some help, you may read this piece on how to write a book review – How to write a book review.
Eligibility & Entry Guidelines
- Contestants must be children in the age group of 10-15 years.
- To be eligible, a contestant must be a legal resident of India and the organiser(s) reserves the right to disqualify ineligible entries.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted in this Contest; all subsequent entries will be disqualified.
- Only single author reviews qualify (no co-authored reviews).
- Reviews must be an original work and written in English language.
- Any failure to adhere to these Contest Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest.
- Review entries should be sent via email to email@example.com before May 19th, 2020, 12:00 midnight along with the following details of the contestant –
- Contact Number
- Word Count
Word Count Requirement
- The reviews must have a minimum of 400 words and a maximum of 750 words.
- The word count includes only the words used in the review and excludes title etc.
- Text must be typed in an MS Word document or Google Docs.
Judging, Awards & Notification
All entries submitted to the Contest will be judged using the scoring criteria as mentioned below –
• 50% Creativity and originality,
• 50% Structure, clarity, and understanding of the book.
All decisions of the judges are final and binding and not subject to appeal or review. A total of 2 winners will be announced according to the points scored by the eligible contestants. All eligible contestants will receive feedback from the organiser.
The winning entries will be published on the website theseer.in and the winning contestants will receive a Certificate of Achievement and a Prize of Achievement.
By entering, contestants’ parent/legal guardian agree to abide by the above stated rules, and warrant that their child’s/ward’s entry is their original work and does not infringe upon or violate rights of any third party, and grant to TheSeer the right to edit, publish, promote, and otherwise use their entry materials without permission, notice or compensation. No royalties will be paid at this or any time.
Unless otherwise specified, any and all information connected in connection with this Contest will be used by the organiser solely for the purpose of administering the Contest. The reviews may be published on our social media handles with appropriate attribution.