It’s new year and we are here with season 2 of StoryBaaz. If there is one word that we hung by during all the tribulations of 2020, it was ‘Hope’. We lived hoping for the pandemic to go, hoping to not get contracted everytime we went outside our homes, hoping for the vaccines to arrive soon, and hoping for a better 2021. Naturally Hope is the theme for StoryBaaz this season.
Think about what hope means to you and write a story themed on ‘Hope’. We love reading stories and can’t wait to receive some great ones in our inbox. While you are at it, don’t forget to have fun and keep the spirits high. It’s time again for some storybaazi!
Meet our Judge
Priyanka Pradhan is a Dubai-based journalist with experience of 13 years in television, print and electronic media, across India and the UAE. Specializing in business and lifestyle genres, she reported for CNBC Network 18 (Storyboard) and Economic Times Now (Brand Equity) as correspondent and assistant producer in Mumbai. She has served as assistant editor for The New York Times Style Magazine(the UAE and Qatar editions) and Bloomberg Businessweek Middle Eastas well as features editor for Sorbet Magazine(UAE and EU)
She has also contributed as travel writer, to various lifestyle magazine titles such as Conde Nast Traveller(UAE and Indian editions). She was also regular contributor to regional and international magazines such as Harper’s Bazaar Middle East, DestinAsian(Indonesia), Al Nawras(in-flight magazine for Air Arabia) and Villa 88 (UAE).
Eligibility & Entry Guidelines
- Contestants must be children in the age group of 8-14 years.
- There is no entry fees or costs involved to participate in the contest.
- To be eligible, a contestant must be a legal resident of India and the organiser(s) reserves the right to disqualify ineligible entries.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted in this Contest; all subsequent entries will be disqualified.
- Only single author stories qualify (no co-authored stories).
- Stories must be an original work of fiction and written in English language.
- Any failure to adhere to these Contest Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest.
- Story entries should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 30th, 2021, 12:00 midnight along with the following details of the contestant –
- Contact Number
- Word Count
Word Count Requirement
- The stories must have a minimum of 150 words and a maximum of 500 words.
- The word count includes only the words used in the story and excludes title etc.
- Text must be typed in an MS Word document or Google Docs.
Judging, Awards & Notification
All entries submitted to the Contest will be judged using the scoring criteria as mentioned below –
• 50% Creativity and originality of plot and/or themes,
• 50% Story structure and use of literary devices.
All decisions of the judges are final and binding and not subject to appeal or review. A total of 2 winners will be announced according to the points scored by the eligible contestants. Top 5 contestants will receive feedback from the organiser(s).
The winning entries will be published on the website theseer.in and the winning contestants will receive a Certificate of Achievement and a Prize of Achievement.
By entering, contestants’ parent/legal guardian agree to abide by the above stated rules, and warrant that their child’s/ward’s entry is their original work and does not infringe upon or violate rights of any third party, and grant to TheSeer the right to edit, publish, promote, and otherwise use their entry materials without permission, notice or compensation. No royalties will be paid at this or any time.
Unless otherwise specified, any and all information connected in connection with this Contest will be used by the organiser solely for the purpose of administering the Contest. The stories may be published on our social media handles with appropriate attribution.