Update – Winners Announced
First place – Aranya Tanvir Gourisaria (The Hourglass)
Second place – Mira Sharat (Land of Fairies)
Congratulations to the winners. We will post the stories on the website soon.
Hey Champs, we are sure you are handling the COVID-19 lockdown situation with amazing valour and courage. While you are keeping yourself clean and taking care of the elders in the family, how about taking a creative break and penning down a story? We have a lot of time on our hands and want to read some great stories from you. While you are at it, don’t forget to have fun and keep the spirits high. It’s time for some storybaazi!
Eligibility & Entry Guidelines
- Contestants must be children in the age group of 8-14 years.
- To be eligible, a contestant must be a legal resident of India and the organiser(s) reserves the right to disqualify ineligible entries.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted in this Contest; all subsequent entries will be disqualified.
- Only single author stories qualify (no co-authored stories).
- Stories must be an original work of fiction and written in English language.
- Any failure to adhere to these Contest Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest.
- Story entries should be sent via email to email@example.com before April 14th, 2020, 12:00 midnight along with the following details of the contestant –
- Contact Number
- Word Count
Word Count Requirement
- The stories must have a minimum of 150 words and a maximum of 500 words.
- The word count includes only the words used in the story and excludes title etc.
- Text must be typed in an MS Word document or Google Docs.
Judging, Awards & Notification
All entries submitted to the Contest will be judged using the scoring criteria as mentioned below –
• 50% Creativity and originality of plot and/or themes,
• 50% Story structure and use of literary devices.
All decisions of the judges are final and binding and not subject to appeal or review. A total of 2 winners will be announced according to the points scored by the eligible contestants. All eligible contestants will receive feedback from the organiser.
The winning entries will be published on the website theseer.in and the winning contestants will receive a Certificate of Achievement and a Prize of Achievement.
By entering, contestants’ parent/legal guardian agree to abide by the above stated rules, and warrant that their child’s/ward’s entry is their original work and does not infringe upon or violate rights of any third party, and grant to TheSeer the right to edit, publish, promote, and otherwise use their entry materials without permission, notice or compensation. No royalties will be paid at this or any time.
Unless otherwise specified, any and all information connected in connection with this Contest will be used by the organiser solely for the purpose of administering the Contest. The stories may be published on our social media handles with appropriate attribution.