“Never believe a man who promises while wielding a smoke!”
The latest factsheet by WHO on Tobacco consumption states the following –
- Tobacco kills up to half of its users.
- Tobacco kills nearly 6 million people each year.
- More than five million of those deaths are the result of direct tobacco use while more than 600,000 are the result of non-smokers being exposed to second-hand smoke.
- Unless urgent action is taken, the annual death toll could rise to more than eight million by 2030.
- Nearly 80% of the world’s one billion smokers live in low- and middle-income countries.
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs339/en/ (Updated in May, 2015)
Continue reading “A smoke & a few mirrors!”